Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Curb Your Inception

Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Postby Byrd Gang » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 pm

I hope everyone has been following this. Totally awesome. This guy Kevin Tancharaoen set out to get Warner Brothers to allow him to make a HARD R-Rated movie of Mortal Kombat, rather than the campy corny PG-13 versions before.

So a few years back he made a short film using some actor friends of his called "Mortal Kombat: Rebirth". It starred actors Michael Jai-White (Spawn, Black Dynamite) as Jax, Jeri Ryan (Star Trek DS9) as Sonya Blade and Ian Anthony Dale (The Event) as Scorpion.

Due to the overwhelmingly positive raves the short got, WB allowed him to do an online series of short films (roughly 8-10 minutes each) giving some backstory to each of the main characters. Season 1 just wrapped up tonight with the finale.

Below I've embedded all the episodes (and the original Rebirth film). Check them out and post up your thoughts. This is pretty cool!

Byrd Gang

Re: Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Postby threat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Good post. I saw the first one when it was released and everyone thought it was a sneak peak at a new movie. Now I'll be able to catch up on the rest.
threat
Site Admin

Return to TV/Movies