I get to interview a TV Actor!

Curb Your Inception

I get to interview a TV Actor!

Postby Byrd Gang » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:07 am

So on my blog that I set up three years back, I just recently started doing interviews. Mostly with people that I am friendly with such as hip hop producer Kyle Murdock (Panacea, CrossRhodes, Forever Famicom), hip hop artist Random aka Mega Ran (Forever Famicom, Black Materia) and graphic artist Miami Kaos.

However I just now swung an email interview with actor Shawn Doyle (Big Love, Endgame). It all stems from the Canadian series "Endgame" which was just cancelled after the 1st season. The fanbase for it is pretty vocal and they've set up a "Save Endgame" campaign. What sets this one aside from many others is that there are several of the main actors in the show, including Doyle who plays the main character, who are also supporting that fan movement, and are tweeting and using facebook to spread the "Save Endgame" message.

So just on a whim I contacted him on twitter and asked if he wanted to do an interview regarding the show, hoping it would maybe get some more attention to it, and he said yes.

I have to say I had hoped he would say yes, but I never really expected him to. I'm a nobody for the most part, but as it stands, I gotta hit him up this weekend and things will hopefully go smoothly.

Just wanted to share that as I'm fairly geeked about it. lol. This is by far the biggest name person that I've had this opportunity.

I actually had an agreement to do one with a major recording artist on an indie label, but he flaked out on me and it just was a huge fiasco.

Below is the promo video for the show. Doyle stars as a Chess grand master who after seeing his fiance murdered in front of their hotel, develops a severe case of agoraphobia, and cannot leave the hotel. So to pay for his massive bills, he uses his analytical skills that he's developed from chess, to solve crimes. Kind of a fun show that airs in Canada.

Byrd Gang

Re: I get to interview a TV Actor!

Postby TracyLyn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

Awesome opportunity! I'll look forward to reading the interview. :)
TracyLyn

Re: I get to interview a TV Actor!

Postby Byrd Gang » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:59 am

Byrd Gang

Return to TV/Movies