Wayne McCullough Won't Let
“Erin Go Brawl II” Cancellation
Stop Him From Resuming His Career


By William Trillo

 

When Irish Ropes Promotions announced that its scheduled March 16th “Erin Go Brawl II” pro boxing show had been cancelled due to the poor economy 1992 Olympic silver medalist Wayne “Pocket Rocket” McCullough (27-7, 18 KOs) had another fight fall out from under him. The former WBC Bantamweight Title holder has been looking to get back into the ring but due to circumstances out of his control fights are not going through as scheduled.

 

McCullough told Pound4Pound that he is looking forward to get back into the ring and although it's disappointing to have another fight pulled out from under him, he is determined to fight again...and soon.

"I just recently passed a full physical in Nevada and I already am set in New York and in The U.K. as well. I am hoping to get a fight as soon as possible. If they called me up and asked me to fight in a few days I would be ready," said McCullough. 

 

McCullough, who has a complete state of the art boxing gym at his home and there is no doubt he is in top shape and would be ready to go when the call comes in.

 

Just thinking out loud, British Champ Ricky Hatton is taking on Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd in Las Vegas. The Friday night before the big fight 2 more fight cards are set to go down in Sin City as well. Adding McCullough to any one of these cards would be a wise move by the promoters as there obviously will be a ton of British boxing fans in town who would love to see one of Belfast's finest fighters applying his craft in the ring.


Questions Or Comments? Email William Trillo